BioWOOD FILAMENT from ROSA3D is characterized by simplicity in printing, recommended for professionals as well as for novice users. The material has a slight shrinkage when printed, it can be printed in an open device.
BioWOOD It has food contact and the smell of natural wood.
BioWOOD FILAMENT is made of a biopolymer consisting of 100% natural and 100% renewable raw materials. They decompose in the natural environment under anaerobic conditions (compost - in up to 5 weeks) and in water (as opposed to PLA, which decomposes only under carefully selected conditions).
BioWOOD FILAMENT has a wide range of applications, from decorative elements, through dishes (bowls, plates, cups, cutlery) to the use in creating musical instruments, toys and furniture.
BioWOOD prints can be subjected to mechanical treatment (grinding, turning, drilling, etc.) as well as painting and varnishing, such as wooden elements.
Nozzles recommended for printing in sizes from 0.5 mm due to the amount of wood particles.
Recommended printing temperature 190 - 210ᵒC.
Recommended table temperature: 40-50ᵒC. For unheated tables, it is recommended to use an adhesive.
BioWOOD TECHNICAL PARAMETERS
- Diameter (mm): 1.75 mm
- Diameter tolerances (mm): +/- 0.05 mm
- Ovality tolerances (mm): +/- 0.02 mm
- Weight (g): 500 g (vacuum packed with moisture absorber)
- Print temperature (° C): 190-210 ° C
- Table temperature (° C): Does not require a heated table (40-50 ° C if the printer has a heated one)
BioWOOD PHYSICAL PARAMETERS
- Density : 1.26 g / cm3
- Aroma : woody
- Charpy impact strength:
Notched - 3 kJ / m2 (ISO 179-1eA)
Notched - 15 kJ / m2 (ISO 179-1eU)
- Tensile elongation (speed 5 mm / min, to break): 3% (ISO 527)
- Tensile strength (speed 5 mm / min, to break): 34 MPa (ISO 527)
- Tensile modulus (speed 1 mm / min): 3200 MPa (ISO 527)
- Vicat softening point: 50ᵒC